Scrum Gathering Tokyo 2014
On January 14-15, I participated Scrum Gathering Tokyo 2014.
Though this conference cost me a little more than I can afford it,
it was great time to me as scrum master in my project. I want to arrange
the contents of these sessions, but as there were many sessions it is hard to me.
So in this entry, I cite one scrum example after another which I heard in these sessions.
Enterprise Scrum: the future management (Mike Beedle)
Rapid change in Business environment
- Being and Becoming
- The main incomes are from new products
- Winner innovate faster
- New product developemnt efficiency differences can be huge 1200%
- That’s why agile is needed in many companies
- The origin of scrum is TOYOTA production system
- Scrum is applicable to business, generic and scaled techinics.
Leading the Lean
- SAFe Roots
- In scrum class, any code cannot be written
- The process which can be used in real scene should be progressed in code level.
Padawan scrum master
First of all, let’s study
- Read Agile Estimating and Planning
- Read Agile Samurai
- In the past, XP is the main stream in SIer.
- XP is the idealistic thought. So it is not fit the real scene.
- On the halfway, the members are bored with the process.
- In the team which is composed of about 70 members, the standard process or documents should be arranged precisely.
And hearing clients about necessary conditions
- Thinging of what to do
- It might be difficult to do scrum in enterprise enviroment
How to estimate
- Very roughtly.
- Hour unit, 3 days unit.
- From the beginning, chart is not burned down. Add tasks every day
How to do contractually
- Introduce Hybrid scrum
- It is seemed like waterfall from outside.
- The process which need approvals shoule be done waterfall process
In the case that there are anyone who is negative to agile scrum
How to cope with the change order
- Require clients to line tasks by order, not attach the priority
- If tasks are arranged one line, the order of task is explicit.
Last but not least
- Scrum should be changed to fit your own team
- Some projects should be facilitated forcibly, like waterfall process
Feel free to share!