The primary keyboard I use for my hobby and work is HHKB. I especially like my HHKB BT, easily integrated with any computer via Bluetooth. As a result, we are no longer annoyed with the long and congested cables. Here we have a nice brief video to learn more about HHKB.
Unable to connect HHKB BT with macOS Monterey
But I found my macOS with Monterey could not be aware of the HHKB anymore. That means we should get back to the old era where we continually fight with the messy cable life. No, that’s impossible!
Fortunately, we can reach out to the FAQ proposing the solution for this problem. Although it’s written in Japanese, I’m going to tell you the process of how to overcome the situation here.
- Turn on HHKB.
- Press “Fn + Q” followed by “Fn + Ctrl + 1”.
- Open the system preference in macOS and select “Bluetooth”.
- You will find the Bluetooth keyboard in the list of available devices.
- Click the connect button.
- Paring will complete shortly.
This problem can happen with macOS Big Sur as well. In the case of the situation your macOS fails to find the HHKB BT, please give it a try!